The mission of the Greek Digital Journal Archive (GDJA) is to collaboratively facilitate research, scholarship, preservation, organization, and interpretation of important historical materials through digitization and resource-sharing.
The vision of the GDJA is to offer digital access to historic Greek journals and newspapers currently housed mostly in print in various libraries and archives throughout Europe and North America.
The GDJA commits to:
- support open web access to works in the public domain;
- provide bibliographic descriptions;
- offer a unified resource for Greek journals and newspapers published in the 19th and early 20th centuries;
- create a community of scholars, librarians, archivists, curators for the purpose of sharing scholarship and knowledge of the collections.
- May Chang, University of Cincinnati
- Rhea Lesage, Harvard University
- George Paganelis, California State University, Sacramento
- Zachary Quint, University of Michigan